Unless stated otherwise, all kihon moves are in zenkutsu-dachi, 5 steps forward and 5 steps backwards.
- Sanbon-zuki (moving forwards and backwards)
- Age-uke, gyaku-zuki chudan, gedan-barai
- Soto-uke, enpi, uraken (kiba-dachi)
- Uchi-uke, gyaku-zuki chudan, gedan-barai
- Gedan-barai, gyaku-zuki chudan, gedan-barai
- Shuto-uke(kokutsu-dachi), nukite(zenkutsu dachi) (moving forwards and backwards)
- Mae-geri chudan, mae-geri jodan (twice forward), turn, mae-geri jodan, mae-geri chudan (twice)
- Mawashi-geri chudan
- Mawashi-geri jodan
- Yoko-geri kekomi from kiba-dachi
- Yoko-geri keage from kiba-dachi
Kihon ippon kumite. All techniques must be controlled. Jodan, chudan, mae-geri, yoko-geri kekomi (left and right, once each side).
Candidates are also required to have done at least 3 month's training and 16 lessons.